Looking for a Japan qualified attorney to join our client's growing legal team.
If you are a Bengoshi who speaks english and would like to widen your business knowledge, this opportunity will be worth your time. The responsibilities of the successful candidate are:
- Support Business Development. Support new development work and business initiatives for the merchant acquiring business, including online and App capabilities as well as new acquiring models and partnerships. Review and advise on merchant acquisition (both global and local), merchant campaigns and offers, operational risk and related initiatives and executions.
- Manage Business Contracts. Draft, review, negotiate and amend all types of business contracts for the company. Provide advice and assistance to management on standard agreements and terms and conditions of business or business processes.
- Manage Regulatory Affairs. Monitor and advise on proposed changes to legal requirements in Japan which impact the company. This includes financial services and payment systems regulation, consumer protection, e-money, competition, data privacy and outsourcing laws. Partner closely with Government Affairs and Compliance to support lobbying efforts, resolve issues of interpretation and advise on implementation as required.
- Deals and Strategy. Support major deals and business strategic initiatives with creative, proactive and business outcomes-focused advice, including M&A matters, strategic alliances and the structuring and negotiation of critical deals.
- Manage Dispute Resolution. Provide advice on and management of litigation, disputes and claims, whether as plaintiff or defendant. Try to seek constructive, "win-win" solutions in the interests of upholding the company value and brand
- Provide general guidance and advice to stakeholders on legal entity governance, business structuring and all other legal and regulatory matters that arise in a Fortune 100 company.
Manage legal expenses to allocated budget. Support reporting, administrative and GCO activities.