As part of our commitment to continually improving our services, Specialized Group's Beta Sin conducted a candidate interview with C. Koyama. Beta recently helped Koyama-san to secure a new position as a General Counsel.
1) Please tell us about your career to date?
In Australia, I worked in private practice with major law firms for 25 years. I have operated as an in-house lawyer (legal head in Japan) in several global companies for 19 years. Also, I have worked in senior corporate executive roles, including local board-member positions, for over 15 years.
2) What triggered you to change jobs?
To find a legal job where I can utilize my knowledge and experiences, nevermind the fact that I have passed the normal retirement age.
3) What were the factors in accepting the opportunity that Specialized Group introduced you to?
The position that was introduced, was with an interesting company with developing businesses, plus the hiring company did not discriminate by candidates age.
4) Did anything make you uneasy to change your job? How did you solve or overcome the uneasiness?
No, but my only concern was that the initial remuneration package for the position was much less than my last job.
5) What did you think about the services given by Specialized Group?
Generally, very helpful and satisfactory. The consultant in charge, Ms. Beta Sin, kept me regularly updated and showed a willingness to help me to find an appropriate position. The communication and consultation from the consultant were timely and informative. I would recommend the Beta to any job-seeking candidates.