As part of our commitment to continually improving our services, Specialized Group's Chris Agomuo conducted a candidate interview with Sasaki Maiko. Chris recently helped Sasaki-san find a new position as a Finance Associate.
1) Please tell us about your career to date?
I worked as an Accountant for 8 years in the Philippines, then I moved to Tokyo.
2) What triggered you to change jobs?
I moved to Japan to take the next step in my career. I wanted to broaden my experience and be exposed to varied working environments.
3) What were the factors in accepting the opportunity that Specialized Group introduced you to?
Specialized Group helped me a lot in my job search. They put great effort into securing the best offer that they could find. I was satisfied with the offer that they provided and so I accepted it.
4) Did anything make you uneasy to change your job? How did you solve or overcome the uneasiness?
Changing jobs involves a lot of risks especially when you are moving to a different country. I did not give up and remained positive that everything would go well with the assistance of the right people.
5) What did you think about the services given by Specialized Group?
Specialized Group has been very accommodating in assisting me with my job search. My consultant, Chris, consistently provided me with updates on jobs and always checked in with me before and after interviews. He gave me helpful insights and has been very supportive.
6) Do you have a message for those changing jobs?
Just keep on trying and trying until you find the opportunity that suits you. Stay positive. It may take some time but it will be worth it.