As part of our commitment to continually improving our services, Specialized Group's Daniel Biggs conducted a candidate interview with Kaori Horita. Daniel recently helped Horita-san find a new position as an Administrative Coordinator.
1) Please tell us about your career to date?
I worked for Japanese companies in Singapore covering secretarial, translation, interpretation and marketing roles, and then in an international company in Japan as an office manager/secretary.
2) What triggered you to change jobs?
I’d been working for an international company on a 10-year project. After the project ended, I worked on another project, but that project will also end in a few years. Given the uncertainty, I decided to look for a job with better job security.
3) What were the factors in accepting the opportunity that Specialized Group introduced you to?
The two interviewers (bosses to be) were both extremely nice and keen on hiring me. The scope of the job was very similar to what I was familiar with at the previous company and I felt comfortable with it.
4) Did anything make you uneasy to change your job? How did you solve or overcome the uneasiness?
At first, I was told the position was a 12-month contract. In fear of losing my job after a year, I turned down the offer. I was then informed that the position would be permanent after 12 months, this convinced me to change my mind.
5) What did you think about the services given by Specialized Group?
A lot of attractive positions were available through Specialized Group. My consultant, Daniel Biggs, was very attentive.
6) Do you have a message for those changing jobs?