As part of our commitment to continually improving our services, Specialized Group's Mai Uchida conducted a candidate interview with Sachio Endo. Mai recently helped Endo-san find a new position at an American cosmetics company.
1) Please tell us about your career to date?
I have been working in finance and accounting at international companies for around 20 years.
2) What triggered you to change jobs?
A change in the workforce at my last company compelled me to change my position.
3) What were the factors in accepting the opportunity that Specialized Group introduced you to?
The cultural fit between myself and the hiring company was one factor. Specialized Groups' evaluation of the business was the key point in deciding to make the change.
4) Did anything make you uneasy to change your job? How did you solve or overcome the uneasiness?
I had to stop thinking about the number of times I had changed jobs and the reasons for switching jobs. I altered my thinking and become open to the idea. By highlighting my skills and experience, in comparison to other candidates, the option of a career change became highly beneficial. I became aware of the skills that companies do not describe in job descriptions, but are valuable. I made a concerted effort to emphasize with a human resources management team.
5) What did you think about the services given by Specialized Group?
Regarding Mai Uchida, she understood my position and explained all of the available options. I am thankful for her proposal to make a decision that advanced my career and gained a financial advantage. The quality of the follow-up was exceptional.