Head of Finance, Real Estate
We are looking for a Financial Controller to manage the financing and accounting strategy for a real estate portfolio in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Join a passionate, global real estate investment firm with track record of success.
- Enjoy being compensated at the upper end of the market.
- Work within an organization that values work/life balance
- Oversee day-to-day accounting for the Asia-Pacific portfolio
- Ensure a strong controls environment with regards to payments and accounting records
- Supervise the monthly and quarterly close process
- Co-ordinate external audits with advisors for all statutory and lender required audits, including preparation of work papers and review of financial documents
- Lead all aspects of the annual budgeting and forecasting process for the Asia-Pacific portfolio
- Review cash flow forecasts on a quarterly basis to manage funding needs within property and company bank accounts
- Contribute to the quarterly valuation process, including completion of the valuation checklist
- Review and approve vendor payments
- Manage third-party accounting contracts
- Ad hoc project work, as required
- Experience with IFRS and US GAAP preferred
- Experience in a real estate investment, development, or similar organization preferred
- Writing and presentation skills in both English and Japanese
- Self-starter capable of finding solutions with minimal direct supervision, along with strong team leadership skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team with ability to nurture and develop team members
If this position is not ideal for you, but you are looking for a new opportunity,please contact us to discuss your options.