The Logistics Specialist is responsible for day to day oversight and management of the third party logistics service provider operations to ensure orders and shipments are well executed ensuring on time delivery. This role is part of the Japan Spares Logistics organization and reports to the Section Manager, Regional Logistics.
- Manage daily warehouse and distribution operations for forward and reverse logistics and 3PL warehouse providers for efficiency in both operations and capacity.
- Support the transfer of materials from storage to demo labs.
- Monitor shipments, costs, timelines, and productivity.
- Handle and review import/export operation with Carriers/Brokers.
- Support Global Trade Compliance Teams for license/compliance related matters.
- Coordinate and track movement of goods through logistic pathways.
- SAP operation for retrieving sales order/purchase order/STO/ICPO in/out/return.
- Ensure accuracy of all transactions in SAP related to material movement and inventory including Cycle Count.
- Cooperate with logistics carrier / freight forwarders / parcel service providers for on-time delivery.
- Participate in operational performance review, scorecards and improvement plans with parcel service providers and freight forwarders.
- Review freight rates and other transportation costs to keep working costs low.
- Organize and manage spares / service parts inventory, storage, and transportation.
- Liaise with function teams (Manufacturing Logistics, Production Planning, Quality, Purchasing, R&D) for timely disposition of materials and to resolve issues preventing material flow.
- Address and resolve shipment, ordering and inventory issues.
- Identify and evaluate root causes of inefficiencies in daily warehouse and distribution operations and re-designing when necessary, the processes to drive logistics effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Analyzing and optimizing logistical procedures.
- Establish and document all warehouse and distribution processes according to ASM standards.
- Answer and address customer queries and any escalations on order and shipment status in a proactive and timely manner.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
Experience / Skills Required
- Diploma with related Experience / Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering or higher
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Logistics, Transportation, or Supply Chain Management for the capital equipment industry, preferably semiconductor or hi-tech environment
- Must have high "sense of urgency" and "know how" to escalate to proper channel
- Working knowledge of modern logistics, material flow and improvement strategies and the ability to integrate those into the operation.
- Experience in SAP is preferred, knowledge of TMS / WMS functionalities is expected
- Any other professional certifications will be of added advantage
- Proven self-starter, change agent and influencer
- Ability to operate in an environment of significant change and ambiguity
Sorry, this job is no longer available