What You Will Do
HR Business Partnering
- ・ Be an integral part of the business and collaborate with the Business Leaders on key business decisions and develop solutions that maximize performance and anticipate business needs.
- ・ Understand local market and external factors to contribute to the development of insights and to support Business HR, Centers Of Excellence (COE) and business decisions
- ・ Leverage data to identify people/organizational insights and inform decision making
- ・ Act as a trusted HR advisor for both employees and management by playing the role of a coach towards people managers, and career/development advisor towards employees
Commercial Capability Development
- ・ Provide learning and capability development resources for employees to grow personal and professional skills that will aid their performance and drive business growth. You will oversee the identification, design, development and delivery of learning programs for the Japan subsidiary.
- ・ Partner with senior leaders to conduct learning needs assessments and prioritize learning activities for the organization.
- ・ Own the development of the annual local training plan and will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in the successful delivery and execution of programs.
- ・ Establish and oversee all of internal communications related to people, organization, culture, etc. processes by devising ways to effectively share the global Colgate-Palmolive / Hill's Division / GLobal HR information with/between our employees
- ・ Plan and organize the contents of quarterly company townhall events to ensure employees are kept informed fairly and transparently and motivated.
- ・ Develop and facilitate internal communications strategy for HR related topics such as employee engagement survey, DE&I, new ways of working, leadership model, learning culture, etc. and deliver material, including presentations, newsletters, and notifications.
- ・ Address questions from business stakeholders on interpretation of HR policies, consulting with COEs as needed
- ・ Understand and apply the company's philosophy, principles and programs (including total rewards, learning, people development and mobility)
- ・ Participate in the co-creation, deployment and execution of CoE-developed strategies (including, e.g., rewards & recognition, employer brand, development and learning)
- ・ Highlight local nuances to Business Partner / COEs as applicable to inform the design and execution of HR programs
- ・ Support the recruitment, hiring, and social onboarding of staff in collaboration with hiring managers
- ・ Drive the quality & timely recruitment of staff as necessitated by business needs
- ・ Actively support management with placements at all levels
- ・ Lead the preparation and facilitation of talent reviews and succession planning for assigned functions
- ・ Collaborate with the Learning COE to identify learning needs, support the execution of Learning Demand Plan and provide feedback
- ・ Support Leaders and Managers in the execution of employee engagement initiatives
- ・ Anticipate and drive organizational changes in functional basis in order to best support their business strategies
- ・ Collaborate with HR and business leaders on organization design, including structure, processes, capabilities, and resource requirements, and identify gaps and opportunities.
- ・ Collaborate with business leaders on action planning to support implementation of organization design.
- ・ Facilitate and support change management tailored to specific Business Unit needs
Positive Employee Relations
- ・ Build management capability to encourage open dialogue and to provide an escalation path for unresolved employee relations issues.
- ・ Contribute to leaders' initiatives to create and maintain a positive employee relations work environment
- ・ Advise and coach business leaders and managers on the resolution of employee inquiries and issues, consulting with Legal as needed
- ・ Partner with the Diversity and Inclusion COEs to implement relevant local initiatives.
Performs Other Duties As Assigned
Complies with all policies and standards.
- ・ Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or related discipline
- ・ At least 8-10 years of progressive HR experience; in manufacturing and/or consumer products industry preferred
- ・ At least 5 years in implementation of HR initiatives
- ・ At least 3 years in at least one HR Specialty Area (Compensation, Benefits, People Relations, People Development, Diversity & Inclusion, Analytics, Organization Development/Design)
- ・ Knowledge of Japanese labor law
- ・ Fluent in Japanese and English (business level)
- ・ Strong at building relationships with excellent communication skill
- ・ Teamwork and Collaboration
- ・ MBA and international experience preferred
- ・ Strong organizational, strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills
- ・ Project management skills
- ・ Result-driven, with a high level of motivation and persistence
- ・ Microsoft Office or Google Suite proficiency (i.e, Sheets, Slides, Docs) preferred
- ・ Experience in sales training facilitation
- ・ Experience in a pharmaceutical and/or consumer products industry preferred