Your New Career Opportunity
Specialized Group is currently searching for a Finance Director. This is the perfect role for a finance professional with an excellent understanding of the healthcare sector. Take the opportunity to build a career with an innovative medical device company.
This is a full-time position located in Tokyo, reporting initially to the General Manager, Japan. This position will need to build strong relationships with the global leaders of each finance function. It is expected the Finance Director will invest the necessary time and travel to build these global relationships.
Specialized Group’s client is an international medical device company with a growing team in Japan. They specialize in developing proprietary platform treatment technologies.
- Serve as the senior finance colleague in Japan providing both a bridge between global finance functions and Japan operations and providing critical financial support to the Japanese leadership team
- Develop, maintain and document internal controls to support certification and other audit requirements
- Provide overall leadership to the revenue operations function for Japan, including the development and implementation of strategies to minimize collection times.
- Partner closely with the global market access teams to ensure comprehensive payer engagement strategies
- Provide overall leadership to the accounting function, including review and approval of financial statements at month and quarter-end.
- Ensure financial transactions are recorded levering global SAP processes and support SAP implementation and integration projects.
- Interface with global tax teams to support the filing of Japanese tax returns and other Japanese tax documents
- Interface with global treasury to ensure banking account and cash management in line with global policies.
- Analyze demand trends, working closely with the Country Manager to develop a demand plan and revenue estimates.
- Partner with Japanese cost center owners to develop the budget and updated forecasts that effectively juxtapose local investment needs with global goals.
- Prepare monthly management reports and share regular financial updates with the Japanese leadership team.
The Skills and Experience You Need to Succeed
- Degree in accounting and/or finance or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years' experience in healthcare services or insurance
- Strong knowledge of IT systems, including familiarity with SAP ECC
- Strong knowledge of revenue related finance.
- Familiarity with issues surrounding multinational corporate consolidation.
- Experience with SOX 404 and internal controls.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and develop business partnerships.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills (Japanese and English).
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams independently.
The Benefits You Will Receive
- Central Tokyo location
- Competitive salary.
- Access to key decision-makers.
- Work in an international environment.