The company is a global clinical research company with a few decades of history, employing more than 5,000 people across more than 40 countries.
They have been recognized by Forbes as one of US's Best Mid-size Companies in 2021 and 2022.
As a work place they provide a great work life balance and flexible work hours.
This role will supervise the facilities team to plan and implement the Administration, Operations & Maintenance programs and improvement works for 2 offices in Japan (Tokyo and Osaka), systems, and equipment in accordance with the established policies and standards.
Will report to the Regional Facilities Manager who located in Singapore.
- Responsible for the management of service providers & vendors for Tokyo (Primary location) and Osaka office spaces in Japan
- Responsible for appropriate documentation and use within their existing Facilities Asset Management/Work Order System, and provides input for continuous improvement of the system and use
- Works closely with Facilities Management on project coordination for space changes remodels, and expansions as assigned
- Inspects and ensures both office spaces meet expectations for cleanliness, appearance and organization based on existing workplace standards
- Works with office administration staff and other leadership to follow up on concerns and address issues in a timely manner
- Line management of office administrative staff in both Japan locations, provides coaching and development of staff
- Ensures that financial administration of processing incoming invoices is completed in a timely manner and office expenditures, providing detailed information and processing payments accordingly
- May be responsible for other projects, administrative support, and responsibilities as assigned
- Native Japanese and Excellent English verbal and written communication skills in dealing with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years of Office Management or General Affairs experience
- People management experience
- Able to handle manual duties and perform regular facilities inspections
- Pro-active, independent, able to work with minimal supervision and perform under pressure
- Knowledge and experience in computer systems, including Microsoft Windows and Office operating systems
- Willing to travel to Osaka from time to time (Approximately once a month or less)
* This is an office based role