Your New Career Opportunity
Our client is leading the way in automotive technology, they have developed technology and IP that is defining the future of the industry and as a global player with a strong customer base in Asia, they require Senior Legal Counsel to direct the legal team, provide strategic counsel to management and oversee legal and compliance matters on behalf of the Japan entity.
The company needs Legal Counsel who has a pro-business approach to legal solutions that stimulate growth whilst mitigating risk. The ability to balance best legal practice with practical legal solutions is essential, coupled with proven legal experience in advising clients and anticipating legal matters, dealing with pending or potential litigation and arbitration. Management of the team, budget and external firms will also be expected so a balance of legal skills and management is a must.
The Skills and Experience You Need to Succeed
- 10 years’ experience practicing law, in-house and/or at a law firm.
- 4+ years management of people and processes
- Providing general counsel across all parts of the business
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts
- Handling litigation matters
- Advising on marketing, advertising and IP matters
- Drafting internal documents and keeping up to date with regulatory matters that affect the business. e.g. GDPR
- Read, write, draft legal documents in Japanese and English proficiently
- Experienced with a broad range of legal contracts, contract review, and corporate legal knowledge.
- Negotiation with overseas counterparts in English is essential.
- Experienced enough to advise the business on a range of matters from corporate structure, business expansion, new business lines, regulation and compliance, IP and licensing.
The Benefits You Will Receive
- A strategic position where you can contribute to the business as a legal professional and part of senior management
- Opportunity to use the full range of your skills and experience to steer the future of the company and influence the industry
- Global report line and potential mobility in the future;
- Competitive compensation package, contributions to pension, healthcare and insurance.