Your New Career Opportunity
Specialized Group is currently searching for a Senior IT Project Manager. This is the perfect role for a project management professional with experience in managing complex IT projects. Take the opportunity to build a career at a leading broadcast television network.
Specialized Group’s client is an American cable, satellite, and broadcast television network.
The role manages, mentors, and directs multiple project managers.
- Leads a portfolio of projects or very large, complex projects, typically involving multiple vendors, multiple technologies, leading-edge technology, significant business risk, with broad implications for the IT architecture.
- Develops, maintains, analyzes, and reports metrics and KPIs to better understand the managed portfolio.
- Works with key stakeholders to address issues and risks.
- Avoids risk by analyzing data, anticipating, identifying, and mitigating risk factors across scope, cost, schedule, and resources.
- Works with partner teams in the proposal phase to ensure initiatives are defined at the appropriate level of detail to be accepted by IT for project initiation activities.
- Accountable for achieving the ongoing success criteria for all projects within their representative portfolio.
- Accomplishes HR objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Communicates job expectations, plans, monitors, appraises, and reviews job contributions, and enforces policies and procedures.
- Ensures projects are following project management processes and software development methodologies.
- Performs audits of projects to ensure quality and compliance.
- Develops budgets, negotiates contracts and manages external vendors.
- Communicates project status to senior leadership and team members through reports and presentations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Managing multiple projects for many business partners requiring large, complex, interdependent systems with significant implications for the business and/or the IT architecture through Project Managers. Analyzing and selecting between diverse and complex options.
- Overcoming resistance to change; evaluating and developing unique solutions or evaluating and selecting from a variety of options.
- Assessing and implementing work/life balance measures during critical project milestone periods.
- Addressing competing priorities within the project portfolio.
- Manages business partner expectations effectively and proactively.
- Leads the development of effective networks of internal and external business partners, suppliers, the technical community, and consultants.
- Develops and implements the program organizational structure necessary to successfully deliver the projects.
The Skills and Experience You Need to Succeed
- Fluent-level Japanese is required.
- Business-level English communication skills are also required.
- 5 years’ experience in IT project management.
- 5 years’ management experience.
- Possesses an understanding of IT architectural landscapes.
- Highly developed organization skills with strong problem solving and analytical capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communications skills.
- Has experience working with, applying and effectively communicating technical and architectural considerations within the context of a project.
The Benefits You Will Receive
- Modern office in Chiba
- International environment
- Speak English