Your New Career Opportunity
A new job opportunity has become available to work as a Project Finance Controller.
As a financial/business controller you will be responsible for financial planning and control of expense according to budget and forecast for Departments and Projects. You will act as a consultant that drives expense control and optimize use of resources. You will help Managers to comply with budget norms and policies. Knowledge of general ledger, budgeting, forecasting, accounting standards (IFRS) and compliance regulations are essential, and he or she will have to demonstrate the ability to see not only the micro, but also the macro side of things to optimize resources.
- Help BU’s to create forecast & budget on a monthly & weekly basis for Departments & Projects
- Monitoring expenditure according to budget limits. Use it or lose it policy.
- Provide analytical, forecasting, reporting, and project support to Department PICs and Project Managers
- Produce monthly reports, which include key metrics, financial results, and variance reporting
- Ensuring compliance with regulations (procurement process, budgeting norms, accounting policies)
- Overseeing accounting operations (quotation, invoicing, registration)
- Ensuring accuracy of financial information with BU’s
- Streamline accounting functions & operations
- Review of invoices & accounting records
- Develop models that help with decision-making
- Support business stakeholders with data needs/use-case consulting, accurate and insightful data deep dives (with strong focus on Finance and strategic KPIs) and proactively/continuously improve our Reporting ROI
The Skills and Experience You Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; CPA or CMA a plus.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in corporate finance, financial planning & analysis, investment banking, or other related fields.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and financial modeling
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem solving skills
- Attention to accuracy and detail required
- Pragmatic and a quick learner, equipped with an analytical mindset, always passionate about finding state-of-the-art solutions, and you are always customer-centric
- Experience of visualization and automation for system monitoring
- Up to challenge the status quo, team worker, drive innovation and you are keen to identify and apply best practices
- Use experience of Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence, Stash), advanced MS Excel and agile frameworks a plus
- Business level in English
- Startup mindset driven
- Basic-Intermediate Japanese Language Skills
- Basic understanding of or practical experience with Oracle, Anaplan, Microstrategy
- Experience gained in Operations Data Domains (e.g. HR, Web Analytics, Process Log Files) or strategic KPI steering (e.g. KPI, OKR, Balanced Scorecard analysis)
The Benefits You Will Receive
- Financial management responsibilities
- International environment
- Central Tokyo Office
Sorry, this job is no longer available