Your New Career Opportunity
Specialized Group is currently looking for an elite Country Head to lead the Japan operations of a financial services software company. There is a very rewarding benefits package for this position.
Our client is a rapidly growing and profitable financial software and services firm whose customers include the world’s top investment management, wealth management, banking and insurance firms.
- The Country Manager reports to the Managing Director of Asia Pacific, and is responsible for the oversight of existing & planned growth in Sales and Client Management.
- Enhancing the regional footprint and sales pipelines and overseeing long-term relationships with our customers and developing relationships with prospects.
- Responsibility for a large territory containing many of the world’s most significant investment management, wealth management, banking and insurance companies that are existing clients.
- The Country Manager will not only be expected to build and maintain an excellent relationship with each client, but also take responsibility for country initiatives.
- Understand local workflows and nuances and be an advocate and sponsor of local enhancements to product development process.
- The role will work closely with the Sales team to establish senior level relationships and drive business growth.
- Becoming versed in configuration and tuning of our software solutions for Portfolio Management, Execution, Compliance, Post Trade, Data and Performance.
- Managing interfaces between this function and Implementation Managers, Technical Support, and Product Management.
- Refining mechanisms to track all aspects of a customer’s relationship within the company and leveraging them to enhance and better forecast the customer relationship.
- Serve as liaison to Support and Product Management to identify, validate and prioritize product enhancements for the Japan region.
- Assist in the strategic sales process to C-level management.
- Foster relationships with C-level Management in major and medium sized corporations.
- Meet self-imposed deadlines with proactive account management skills, and a record of accomplishment of balancing the demands of multiple client accounts.
- Differentiate and work at strategic and tactical levels simultaneously.
- Achieve results without close supervision.
The Skills and Experience You Need to Succeed
- Fluent in Japanese.
- Business-level English.
- Minimum of 10 years of Financial / Software Services industry background.
- Must have demonstrated experience leading the operations of a Financial / Software Services company.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a leading university or college in Business Management, Economics, Finance, Computer Science or the like.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining C-Level relationships with Japanese and international operations with a solid presence in Japan, as well as Japanese Government entities.
- Knowledge across equities, fixed income, derivatives, FX etc.
- Negotiated resolutions to difficult relationship issues to the advantage of both customers and employers.
The Benefits You Will Receive
- Highly competitive salary package.
- Work in a central Tokyo location.
- International environment.
- Speak English in a supportive team.