The candidate will work with partners across technology to manage, grow and transform existing heterogenous compute infrastructure across the globe.
- Directly supporting, managing, troubleshooting, and pushing forward in an enterprise scale Linux server plant in various global environments.
- Develop and manage various tools to script away repetitive tasks and reporting.
- Involved in integration, certification, and maintenance of numerous products such as with server hardware, Linux, and configuration management systems.
- Be a part of a global (follow the sun) on-call rotation for issues.
- Write and maintain documentation for systems, processes, and procedures.
- Have experience with change management and problem management practices.
- Currently residing in Japan
- At least 8 years of working experience
- Linux (preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux)
- Server hardware and cabling from various vendors.
- Configuration management systems (Ansible, SaltStack, etc)
- Programming in various languages (Python, Perl, BASH, etc)
- Networking systems (Router, Switches, Firewalls, etc)
- Networking services and protocols (TCP/UDP, DNS/DHCP/NTP, etc)
- Business or native level English.
- Linux kernel and application debugging with crash/core dumps/etc, and server performance tuning and low-level debugging
- Incident and data platform solutions (ServiceNow, PagerDuty, Splunk etc)
- Observability and monitoring tools (Zabbix, Grafana, Prometheus, etc)
- Linux kernel by-passing and FPGA
- Shared code bases using best practices in source control, CI, release management, and change control
- Low-latency and/or financial trading systems