Seeking a highly qualified and experienced Financial Controller to join the team in Tokyo, Japan. The successful candidate will work alongside innovative leaders to ensure the accuracy and propriety of all financial data and reports maintained and prepared for the properties/projects, tier entities, and investors.
Property Operations and Budgeting:
- Work with Asset Manager, Property Manager, and Accountants to ensure accuracy of financial reporting and budgets.
- Review monthly and quarterly operating reports and prepare internal reports as needed.
- Ensure records are kept in compliance with local GAAP, IFRS or other basis of accounting.
- Prepare cash flow projections and coordinate audits (external, internal, etc.).
- Manage outsource accounting, audit, tax filing/compliance and other statutory obligation service providers.
- Work with Project Manager and Accountants to ensure accuracy of construction draws and financial reporting.
- Review funding request to investors and analyze general ledger.
- Review budget overages and research variances.
- Prepare and review tax projections and tax preparation work papers.
- Assist in due diligence process related to property acquisitions.
- Assist in the setup of new projects.
- Work with the finance team in Singapore on regular investor reporting, answer investor queries and provide financial analysis as required.
- Work with Central Cash Management on bank accounts, maintenance and regular reporting of cash balance, compliance to local banking regulations, and cash repatriation.
- Work with the regional accounting team on implementation of accounting initiatives.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Management from an accredited university.
- CPA designation is preferred.
- Eight or more years of professional accounting experience.
- Native Japanese and business level English.
- Commercial real estate experience is preferred.
- Possess the highest degree of integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal communication (verbal and written) and listening skills.
- Analytical problem-solving skills capable of undertaking detailed analyses and make well-reasoned recommendations.
- Demonstrate prioritization, organization, and time management skills necessary to balance competing deadlines.
- Ability to multitask in a complex high-volume environment and competency to work with all levels of management and personnel on critical projects.
- Dedicated team player with a strong sense of ownership.