If you are looking to move from Big 4 to in-house, or looking for a step up from your current Tax Management role, this could be the opportunity for you.
Company Overview: We are a leading multinational corporation with a strong presence in Japan. We are looking for an experienced Tax Manager to join our team and manage all areas of tax compliance.
Job Description: As the Tax Manager, you will be responsible for managing all tax matters for our organization in Japan.
Your duties will include:
- Overseeing tax compliance and reporting, including preparation of tax returns, tax provisions, and tax disclosures
- Advising on tax planning strategies, both short-term and long-term, to minimize tax liability
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams within the organization to ensure tax compliance for various business transactions
- Communicating with tax authorities and external auditors as necessary
- Monitoring changes in tax laws and regulations that may impact the company and implementing necessary changes to policies and procedures
- Leading and developing a team of tax professionals to ensure efficient and effective delivery of tax services
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- At least 8 years of experience in tax compliance and consulting, with a focus on Japan tax
- Strong knowledge of Japanese tax laws and regulations
- Experience in managing tax audits and disputes with tax authorities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Fluency in Japanese and English languages
If you are a highly motivated and experienced tax professional with a strong track record of managing tax compliance for a Japan-based subsidiary, we encourage you to apply for this position. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for career growth and development within our organization.