As a Senior Controller, your main responsibility is to analyze performance and risks to support the CFO and management team in improving the company's profitability and efficiency. You will accomplish this by performing the following tasks throughout all phases of accounting, actual performance management, and budget management:
- Monthly and Year-End Closing Preparations: You will be responsible for conducting appropriate monthly and year-end closing preparations to ensure that financial statements are accurate and comply with accounting standards.
- Routine and Ad Hoc Investigations and Analyses: You will be responsible for conducting routine and ad hoc investigations and analyses to provide insight into the financial health of the business unit. This may include reviewing financial data and identifying trends, as well as identifying areas for improvement.
- Confidential Information Management: You will be responsible for managing all confidential information in accordance with department, company, and group policies.
- Financial and Management Improvements: You will propose improvements to financial and management methods and execute them to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the business unit.
- Financial Expertise and Project Management: You will provide financial expertise to support various projects and lead projects as the main contact in the financial team.
- Budgeting, Forecasting, and Planning: You will ensure the timely implementation of budgeting, annual forecasts, and medium to long-term planning. This includes coordinating with various business stakeholders, confirming the consistency and feasibility of plan data, and providing necessary analysis and explanations. You will also conduct appropriate variance analysis, manage trends of results, and provide corrective measures for follow-up.
- Business Management Activities: You will confirm the appropriate implementation of business management activities within the responsible organization, including profit and loss, balance sheet, cash flow, working capital, pensions, quantities, prices, product mix, production differences, expenses, and working capital management.
- Information Systems: You will maintain and standardize efficient information systems, such as global reporting systems, SAP, and EXACT. You will also promote the introduction of digital solutions and continuous process improvement.
- Global/Regional Solutions and Improvements: You will implement global/regional and Japan-led solutions and improvements in the assigned area, such as paperless processes and automation of analysis.
- Stakeholder Management: You will build and maintain effective cooperation with other departments within the company and be a trusted business partner. You will also handle external stakeholders, such as external auditors.