Your New Career Opportunity
Specialized Group is currently searching for a Legal Manager. This is the perfect role for an experienced legal professional with excellent negotiation skills. Take the opportunity to build an executive career in a sector leading company. There is a rewarding benefits package for this position.
This position offers a unique opportunity for a lawyer to work as a core member of the legal department in a fast-growing international company.
Our client is a leading American biotechnology company that researches, develops and commercializes medicines. In 2018, the company's market capitalization was valued at over US$90 billion.
- Draft, review, negotiate and manage contracts and other legal documents.
- Perform due diligence on third-party vendors.
- Proactively detect legal issues, conduct legal research, and provide solutions.
- Counsel internal customers on legal issues and provide support as a business partner.
- Respond to government inquiries and investigations, and other contingencies.
- Assist in resolving disputes by settlement, arbitration or litigation.
- Cooperate with and supervise outside counsel in connection with specific assignments.
- Assist the business strategy team in establishing, implementing and enforcing the Company’s compliance program and act as the first contact on business strategy questions and issues;
- Obtain information on the latest trends and developments in the market and providing business advice and training to all employees.
- Act as a legal representative in business-related committees.
The Skills and Experience You Need to Succeed
- Native Japanese language skills
- Business level English language skills
- Bar admission in Japan or a common law jurisdiction.
- Law degree from a Japanese university and an internationally recognized university outside Japan.
- Good knowledge of all commercial laws such as company law, contract law, international trade law, etc.
- 5+ years of relevant law firm or in-house experience including experience with compliance or transactions in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience drafting and negotiating a wide range of legal documents including distribution, commercial and vendor contracts.
The Benefits You Will Receive
- Competitive salary
- Central Tokyo office
- International environment
- Speak English
Sorry, this job is no longer available