Your New Career Opportunity
Specialized Group is currently searching for a Legal Manager. This is the perfect role for an experienced legal professional with excellent management skills. Take the opportunity to build an executive career in a sector leading company. There is a rewarding benefits package for this position.
Our confidential and exclusive client is an international company with a growing team in Japan. This company is currently experiencing sustained growth and needs to expand their legal team.
The Legal Manager position is based in the Tokyo office and will manage various legal and business-related matters under the supervision of the Legal Director. This position offers a unique opportunity for a experienced lawyer to work as a core member of the legal department in an innovative international company.
- Draft, review, negotiate and manage contracts and other legal documents.
- Perform due diligence on third-party vendors.
- Proactively detect legal issues, conduct legal research, and provide solutions.
- Counsel internal customers on legal issues and provide support as a business partner.
- Respond to government inquiries and investigations, and other contingencies.
- Assist in resolving disputes by settlement, arbitration or litigation.
- Cooperate with and supervise outside counsel in connection with specific assignments.
- Assist the business strategy team in establishing, implementing and enforcing the Company’s compliance program and act as the first contact on business strategy questions and issues;
- Obtain information on the latest trends and developments in the market and providing business advice and training to all employees.
The Skills and Experience You Need to Succeed
- Native Japanese language skills
- Business level English language skills
- Law degree from a Japanese university and an internationally recognized university outside Japan.
- Good knowledge of all commercial laws such as company law, contract law, international trade law, etc.
- 5+ years of relevant law firm or in-house experience including experience with compliance.
- Experience drafting and negotiating a wide range of legal documents including distribution, commercial and vendor contracts.
The Benefits You Will Receive
- Competitive salary
- Central Tokyo office
- International environment
- Speak English
Sorry, this job is no longer available