Your New Career Opportunity
Specialized Group is searching for a Head of Finance. This is a rare opportunity for a flexible finance professional to build a team as well as providing key technical oversight.
The job is: to establish the necessary financial processes that are critical to company growth. The successful candidate will have solid experience in a financial leadership position.
Our client is a financial Services start-up company based in Tokyo with offices in Europe and Asia. This company has solid financial backing by top-tier companies within the industry. They are currently industry leaders, with enormous growth potential.
- The development and maintenance of: cash flow models and budgets, high quality financial systems; Company performance, Department Supervision, Budgeting and Expense Control, Technical expert on profit and loss, balance sheets issues. Assist in tax efficient structuring of a sale or acquisition, tax planning for the business and the principals, Financial Relationships.
- An effective set of internal controls and the measurement and evaluation of such controls, key financial and non-financial metrics for the company and its departments/segments, compensation policies, personnel reviews, equity plans, risk management policies including contract review and executions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key third party advisors including attorneys, bankers, auditors, tax advisors, investors, key vendors, insurance brokers, and cash management advisors.
- Oversees all finance activities including banking, investment, derivative management.
- Ensures the strategies comply with relevant statutes, regulations, and policies including the Risk Management Policy guidelines,
The Skills and Experience You Need to Succeed
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- 10 years’ experience in finance (including accounting, treasury, and/or tax).
- 3 years’ experience in a leadership role (Ideally as a Finance Controller for a multi-national company).
- Experience in organizations in the Infrastructure / Energy / Renewable sector is an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills
- Process oriented with strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must be comfortable communicating with senior management and external auditors
- Highly motivated, hands-on, results oriented
The Benefits You Will Receive
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Central Tokyo Location
- Exciting start-up culture