Your New Career Opportunity
A global consultancy company providing end to end services to all of their clients are now searching for the leader of their Design team in Japan that will take upon the leadership of this division and grow it further.
- Bring in new business in close collaboration with the Tokyo sales and business development team,
- Representing the company during calls/meetings/conferences
- Leading the efforts to understand client needs and craft compelling proposals for our approach to solving their needs and creating value.
- Build and develop the Tokyo design team. Lead recruiting efforts to match talent supply with project demands
- Oversee delivery of design projects owned by the design studio.
- Involvement as project lead, and hands-off oversight of other projects collaborating with global Design Director peers to resource projects across studios
The Skills and Experience You Need to Succeed
- 15+ years of professional experience working in cross-disciplinary teams for agencies/consultancies or product companies
- Experience in either Consumer electronics, IoT, Mobility, health/wellness, enterprise software, retail,
- Experience crafting meaningful and impactful strategies, visions and concepts, and ability to work closely and collaboratively with business and technology leaders
- Mastery of full the design process and ability to own and contribute hands-on to projects, from experience strategy and ideation through concept development and refinement to product design and implementation.
- Excellent spoken and written Japanese and English – other language skills are a bonus.
- Experience leading design project teams and overseeing team efforts to ensure projects are delivered to the client’s expectations as well as managing (recruiting, developing, retaining) your own team
The Benefits You Will Receive
- Competitive compensation and additional benefits
- International environment
- Flex working time
- Central Tokyo Office