Your New Career Opportunity
Specialized Group is currently searching for a General Counsel. This is the perfect role for an experienced legal professional with excellent knowledge of the automotive sector and solid negotiation skills. Take the opportunity to build an executive career in a sector leading company. There is a rewarding compensation package for this position.
Our client is a Japanese company whose principal business is the manufacturing and automotive vehicles and products. After recent product launches, they are currently experiencing growth in their key markets and need to grow their legal team.
- Manage a team of one legal counsel.
- Provide legal services to the operations of the company for Japan and the international HQ.
- Deal with wide variety of legal issues related to the above operations, including contracts (manufacturing, purchasing, R&D, logistics, real estate, finance, M&A, etc.), compliance (competition law, subcontracting law, export control, etc.), corporate governance, disputes (including product liability issues), employment and environment.
- Counsel senior management on legal risks associated with various alternative means for achieving business objectives.
- Prepare and provide internal training on legal, compliance and/or regulatory issues.
- Monitor, analyze and comment on legal or regulatory changes which will have an impact on the operations in different jurisdictions and inform senior management.
- Prepare legal reports, statements or other documents.
- Interface with registration or regulatory bodies as required.
- Manage outside legal service providers.
The Skills and Experience You Need to Succeed
- Native-level Japanese language skills.
- Business-level English language skills.
- Good knowledge of all commercial laws such as company law, contract law, international trade law, etc.
- 3-5 years above legal work with experience in a multi-national company or leading law firm is necessary.
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
The Benefits You Will Receive
- Competitive salary.
- Executive benefits.
- International environment.
- Speak English.
Sorry, this job is no longer available