Note: Native-level Japanese speakers are needed.
Reporting to Global Associate Director of Fine Chemical & Resin Sourcing, he/she will be responsible for leading the global procurement activities of fine chemicals.
The responsibilities include development of the sourcing strategy, global contracts, business continuity planning, and supplier management.
He/she is also expected to interface with all stakeholders to understand challenges and work on solutions to support the fast-growing business in Electronic Industry.
Additionally, he/she will also take care of ERM sourcing topics in Japan on top of the fine chemical sourcing.
- Global negotiation of price and contract with the most favorable terms & conditions.
- Provide forecasts to suppliers
- Communicate with suppliers on various sourcing issues related to the materials in global.
- Coordinate with suppliers on non-conforming material and work with Quality counterparts to track/update progress on corrective actions in global.
- Facilitate and participate in Quality Audits of existing and new suppliers.
- Implement supplier management/evaluation/assessment.
- Develop and maintain strong and successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in regular calls as required, to update stakeholders on the status.
- Communicate and support the sourcing team members in other countries.
- Continually identify new opportunities for Cost Savings and Cost Avoidance and proactively tracks progress toward these objectives.
- Enhance Supply Security and avoid potential supply interruptions through continuous dialogue with suppliers from global perspective.
- Participate in projects as required by the business.