Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the financial services industry? Do you want to join a company that values innovation, collaboration, and excellence?
Our Internal Audit team is a vital part of our organization, ensuring that we are meeting our regulatory requirements, managing our risks effectively, and providing our customers with the best possible service.
What is in it for you:
Competitive compensation: Competitive salary and benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, retirement savings plans, and more.
Career growth and development: Committed to investing in the development of our employees. As an Internal Audit team member, you will have access to ongoing training and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and advance your career.
Work-life balance: Values work-life balance and offers flexible work arrangements, including remote work options, to help you manage your personal and professional responsibilities.
Meaningful work: As a member of the Internal Audit team, you will have the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the company's success and the lives of our customers. You will be responsible for ensuring that our operations are compliant with regulatory requirements and that our customers receive the best possible service.
- Plan and execute various types of audits (including Sarbanes-Oxley Project (aka SOX)) in accordance with the audit methodology, departmental standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate the management of risk and internal controls in business. Present findings to and reach agreement with the business unit management; make practical and value-added recommendations to improve control environment and efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Understand the business processes and controls of auditees and document using specified templates of audit services.
- Identify risks, controls, and issues, develop test procedures, and assess effectiveness of controls and degree of issues.
- Utilize data analytics techniques to improve effectiveness and efficiency of audit process. Ensure quality of work completed.
- Prepare audit reports; audit reports are to be clear, concise, and well-organized, and issued within departmental service standards.
- Execute various types of audits within time budgets and target dates, reporting any timing problems or budget over-runs to responsible project leads and Directors.
- Assist business unit management by providing consulting advice while remaining totally independent.
- Follow-up with business unit management regularly on the status/implementation of remediation actions for timely audit issue closure.
- Lead department initiatives as necessary.
- Identify business related risks through offsite monitoring activities and reflect the information when drafting the annual audit plan.
- Assist in preparing annual audit plan based on risks and applicable requirements for assigned areas as well as Wealth and Asset Management and Investments.
- Coach staff and glow talent.
- Prepare presentation materials for various committees and executive meetings.
- 6 years or more of relevant experience.
- Work experience in financial institutions, especially in life, asset management or wealth management industry,
- Data analytic is a plus: experience in data analysis using analytics tools such as Power BI, Tableau, SQL, Alteryx, Python, etc.
Skills & Competency:
- Self-motivated and committed to quality with a fair, prudent, independent mind and integrity.
- Good knowledge of audit methodologies, control frameworks and risk management techniques
- Results oriented; able to strike work balance on multiple priorities and projects
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written in both English and Japanese languages.
- Data Analytic skill is a plus : proficiency with spreadsheets and analytics tools such as Power BI, Tableau, SQL, Alteryx, Python, etc. to perform data analysis on assigned areas as necessary.
- Sound understanding of regulatory guidelines and compliance risk in insurance industry is a plus
- Recognized accounting (CPA, CA) or auditing (CIA, CISA) professional designation