A brand new in-house development team to start projects in the Retail space.
The new team's project execution style will be true Agile using Scrum methodology.
Those who do not have a background in Agile but have interest are welcome to learn on the job.
This position will combine an effective and flexible work from home and in office work opportunities.
Given the huge business scope, the project is still in early stages of determining the final objectives.
This is truly an opportunity to join a team the helps define the technology future of a highly visible division in the firm.
- Management of new and mid-stage application development of both client and web-based applications for global implementation, driven from Tokyo. Solutions are all centered on total in-house development methodology.
- Fulfill application ownership activities including direct RTB/L3 support for 24-hour applications.
- Interfacing with stakeholders' business requirements and documenting them on a timely basis.
- Apply project management duties to ensure project delivery as per program schedules; determining and reporting delivery milestones
- Plan and manage testing of system implementations by acting as accountable owner for managing test cases and representing the team for test cycle reviews such as for SIT/E2E/UAT.
- Collaboration with partner technology departments such as front and middle office, settlement systems, reference data, infrastructure, and other core IT counterparties.
- Fulfill Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology as part of project execution.
- Support change management, change analysis, and front to back coordination.
- Full hands-on coding abilities and act as gatekeeper in code reviews.
- Proactively support ongoing analysis of graphical user interfaces and functional specifications for in-scope applications with the objective to recommend and contribute to ongoing improvements.
- Act as lead/trainer for Agile and DevOps methodologies to other colleagues in technology and beyond.
- More than 10 years of industry experience in hands-on development within the securities trading environment with solid understanding of the trade lifecycle for products such as equities, fixed income, and derivatives.
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years' experience in general purpose programming languages in multiple OS environments (Unix/Linux/MS), preferably front-end development with Java and C#.
- Expert level experience and understanding of DevOps and Agile development methodology, with established expertise across range of core tools like GIT, Jenkins, SonarQube, Cucumber, etc.
- Expert level understanding of messaging middleware (Solace, MQ, TIBCO RV or EMS etc.).
- Expert level ability in database design and management, preferably in Oracle or SQL Server.
- Strong understanding of the Java Open Source Application Framework (like Spring framework).
- Experience in managing mid-size teams (5 to 15, only for VP Role)
- Strong oral and written communications to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven track record in project management and delivery
- Negotiation abilities with both business stakeholders and IT partners such as production support services.
- Self-starting with ability to initiate with the business, analyze, and document independently with minimal support
- Experience in managing system testing, including planning and review cycles
- Strong ability to correlate business processes with technology solutions to best benefit both business stakeholders and apply to proper technology architecture
- Strong fundamental understanding of reference data and how it impacts business requirements
- Experience in GUI design and ability to evaluate effectiveness and alignment to business requirements
- Must be highly organized with attention to detail
- Japanese language ability
- Experience directly with trading, settlement and middle office systems in a financial related industry
- Technology architecture experience with high performance trade processing systems
- Agile Certification
Sorry, this job is no longer available