Your New Career Opportunity
Take the opportunity to lead a team and work on some highly-innovative enterprise applications. Specialized Group is currently looking for a Senior Project Manager. There is a great set of benefits and a rewarding compensation package for this role.
Our client is an American media technology company with an expanding presence in Japan.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading and managing work initiatives to achieve specific project objectives, ensuring effective integration of new systems and technologies.
The Senior Project Manager is accountable for the delivery of a portfolio of projects. This role works with multiple development partners to build scalable software and to module development lifecycle processes. Project delivery includes new system and function delivery, and compliance alignment. The Senior Project Manager typically directly or indirectly manages, mentors, and directs multiple project managers and or associate project managers.
- Develops, analyzes, and reports metrics and KPIs to better understand the portfolio.
- Works with partner teams in the proposal phase to ensure initiatives are defined at the appropriate level of detail to be accepted by IT for project initiation activities.
- Performs audits to ensure quality and compliance.
- Assures project compliance to approved methodologies.
- Develops budgets, negotiates contracts and manages external vendors.
- Monitors project progress throughout its duration and communicate project status through reports and presentations.
- Managing multiple projects for many business partners requiring large, complex, interdependent systems with significant implications for the business and/or the IT architecture through Project Managers.
- Negotiates terms, scope, and cost and commits to deliverables with vendors.
- Drive project delivery decision making.
- Works with key stakeholders to address issues and risks.
- Leads and manages group dynamics accurately and synthesizes opinions into usable options and solutions.
- Works independently. Provides recommendations for investment in new products and business solutions.
The Skills and Experience You Need to Succeed
- Is seen as having authoritative expertise in the organization.
- Analyzes new developments in project management methods, tools, and technologies and proposes their adoption, as appropriate.
- Has experience working with, applying and effectively communicating technical and architectural considerations.
- Identifies project implications based on an understanding of systems, processes and business areas impacted.
- Integrates successfully across multiple and complex technologies.
- Possesses an understanding of IT architectural landscapes.
- Possesses expertise in portfolio dependency planning and developing integrated master schedules that map intra-portfolio dependencies.
- Leverages broad expertise in the business process model to effectively manage the assigned portfolio.
- Native-level Japanese language ability.
- Business-level English are mandatory.
- PMP certification desired.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the technology field.
- 5+ years relevant project management experience.
The Benefits You Will Receive
- Up to 12 million annual salary (depending on experience).
- Full transportation allowance
- International environment
- Speak English