Your New Career Opportunity
This is a chance to help shape the Academia and Commercial area of Mass Spectrometry by contributing Proteomics and Metabolomics Mass Spectrometry technical support to researchers in the field. This opportunity comes with relocation. You will join the Research Support Division and contribute to research and education by providing excellent facilities and support services for researchers and students.
- Provides support services related to Mass Spectrometry.
- Provides users with appropriate training and fair access to the Mass Spectrometry, monitor the usage of the facility.
- Provides consultations with researchers on Mass Spectrometry.
- In addition to the daily communication with the users, hold periodical user meetings to encourage communication among the users for sharing understandings and solving problems.
- Creation of standard training programs, manuals and protocols on Mass Spectrometry and other IAS hosting analytical instrument for the efficient training and use of the instruments
- Maintenance and cleaning of IAS hosting analytical instrument and facilities
- Work with equipment vendors on maintenance, development and trouble-shooting issues
- Maintenance of stocks of consumables and chemicals of IAS instrument and facilities
- Expansion of the coverage of support by introducing the latest technologies and by seeking professional, technical training
- Proactive participation in technical and organizational improvement, collaborating with colleagues and researchers
- Supports the purchase and procurement of necessary equipment based on the need, by documenting the specifications of the instrument and by communicating with the manufacturers and vendors, etc.
- Maintenance of excellent records regarding research support, instrument maintenance and safety
- Maintains and expands collaborative relationships with other domestic and international institutes
- Other duties as required in the section and assigned by the Instrumental Analysis Section Leader
The Skills and Experience You Need To Succeed
- Specific expertise in Mass Spectrometry, with ability to prepare samples, to manage instrument, to analyze data, and to support users.
- Expertise in Proteomics and experience in Metabolomics Mass Spectrometry.
- Significant research track record, with Ph.D in Biology or Chemistry or equivalent qualification.
- Excellent communication skill in English. Ability to communicate in Japanese is preferred, but not required.
The Benefits You Will Receive
- RELOCATION AVAILABLE
- Family daycare available
- Housing assistance available
- Very High salary and benefits package
Sorry, this job is no longer available