Your New Career Opportunity
Specialized Group is currently searching for a Head of Finance. This is the perfect role for a finance professional with excellent management skills. Take the opportunity to establish your career at a leading global medical company. There is a very rewarding compensation package for this position.
Specialized Group’s client is a top-tier American company with a growing team in Japan. This company is an innovator in the healthcare sector. This opportunity is working in the finance team with the aim of driving company growth.
- The position will oversee a team of accounting and finance professionals who support both the commercial and manufacturing organizations.
- Influences key business decisions based on financial performance. Analyze variations from forecasts and prior periods to provide accurate explanations for variances and support country manager and operations managers in determining effective countermeasures.
- Provide leadership in improving financial results in the area of revenue, operating profit, and working capital.
- Review and manage balance sheet for the country.
- Direct the consolidation and/or reporting of actual results, including for GAAP and statutory purposes, as applicable for the country.
- Drives overall budgeting, forecasting, and analysis with clear insights and decisions to support corporate initiatives and regional growth.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Build and enforce a culture of compliance and fiscal responsibility.
- Serve as finance expert and advisor for business critical projects including acquisitions, investments, cost analyses, etc. aligning and collaborating with the global finance and business organizations as needed.
- Leads a cross-disciplined team of finance and accounting professionals to improve business processes and business support.
- Develops financial staff through coaching, counseling, and evaluating associates. Hires strong talent with a focus on succession planning.
- Coordinates with external auditors to ensure support is provided to complete audit work; stays abreast of accounting changes.
The Skills and Experience You Need to Succeed
- Degree in Finance or Accounting and 10 years of related experience required Advanced degree preferred.
- At least 4 years’ experience managing people.
- Excellent interpersonal and English written and oral communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills to lead locally, influence across the organization in a matrix environment and build inclusivity and engagement across the team.
- Advanced experience in financial analysis and reporting.
- Strong financial modeling skill with concrete knowledge in Visual Basic/ Macro is preferable. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Strong business acumen with strong analytical and problem-solving techniques.
- Have sound business ethics, values, and behaviors. Be able to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine the appropriate action.
The Benefits You Will Receive
- Central Tokyo location
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Work in an international environment