Your New Career Opportunity
Specialized Group is currently searching for a Financial Controller. This is the perfect role for an experienced finance professional with excellent knowledge of equity and investment management. Take the opportunity to build a career at a leading international private equity firm. There is a rewarding compensation package for this position.
Specialized Group’s client is a leading international finance firm that specializes in private equity, credit, and hedge fund investment strategies. They have a growing team in Japan with interests across a range of sectors. This role reports to the Controller for Asia who is based in Singapore.
Manage the financial, regulatory and tax reporting requirements of the company. Provide leadership and oversight for the Private Equity and Real Estate investment teams in Tokyo. Collaborate across investment and support functions to achieve operational goals, strategic initiatives, and business growth strategies.
- Provide leadership to finance team members ensuring that work priorities are organized efficiently and that the teams are coached, trained and developed.
- Key contact for managing the financial close process and the provision of associated completed disclosure templates in accordance with US GAAP.
- Creating a robust control environment for all financial processes.
- Work with multiple stakeholders to ensure a smooth year-end audit, financial statements are accurate and in accordance with Japan GAAP.
- Reviewing the and ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements
- Communicate with local regulators/tax authorities and be responsible for implementing systems & controls to meet regulatory/tax requirements.
- Present high-quality financial results and analysis to the Boards of Directors.
- Oversight of Japan domiciled investment opportunities including financial due diligence, liaising with external advisors on tax and legal structuring, and partnering with global teams on funding mechanics
- Assist the broader Asia business finance team with valuation support on Japan investments.
- Participating in and contributing to global and regional initiatives.
The Skills and Experience You Need to Succeed
- Fluent-level Japanese and Business-level English.
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller.
- University Graduate and qualified accountant with audit experience.
- Extensive and relevant finance experience in the financial services industry.
- Strong technical accounting experience in US GAAP and Japan GAAP.
- Demonstrable leadership skills with a passion for collaborative team working
- Ability to present credibly.
- Able to engage with local investment teams and senior stakeholders globally.
- Highly organized, results-oriented and solutions focused.
The Benefits You Will Receive
- Central Tokyo location.
- Very competitive salary.
- Work in an international environment.
- Lead a team.
||Top Tier Company
Sorry, this job is no longer available