Your New Career Opportunity
Specialized Group is currently searching for a Financial Controller. This is the perfect role for an experienced finance professional with excellent knowledge of the real estate sector. Take the opportunity to build a career at one of Asia's largest real estate companies. There is a rewarding compensation package for this position.
Specialized Group’s client is a multinational real estate company with a global portfolio comprising of integrated developments, shopping malls, lodging, offices, and homes. This company is one of the biggest real estate companies in Asia.
- Lead Financial Accounting activities to ensure financial transactions are promptly and accurately executed, recorded and reported.
- Lead and manage the Financial Accounting team, ensuring that the team provides a reliable service to the key stakeholders.
- Maintains the financial systems and processes and ensures a balance between financial control, security of information and efficiency.
- Implement and maintain a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with financial policies and regulatory requirements.
- Enforce and drive risk awareness culture, policies, and procedures.
- Oversee all Financial Accounting activities, such as General Accounting & Financial Reporting, Fixed Assets, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable, to generate process efficiencies.
- Ensure that all Finance-related transaction processing, internal customer service, and reporting activities are completed in a timely and high-quality manner. Work with internal business stakeholders to develop the overall strategic Financial Accounting plans and coordinate the implementation of key initiatives
- Review comprehensive business plans, and operating and capital budgets.
- Provide strategic inputs for the budgeting and forecasting process for Financial Accounting function.
- Provide timely and accurate financial reporting including analysis to senior management, and other key stakeholders
- Support due diligence and M&A activities.
- Drive and ensure compliance with defined Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and statutory / Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) requirements, and other applicable state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting and tax planning
- Identify and drive the ongoing improvement projects and streamlining of Financial Accounting process efficiency and related best practices.
- Establish and maintain vital external business relationships, such as banks and financial institutions, debt and equity investors and analysts.
- Liaise with Tax Authorities and manage tax computation and filings of income tax as necessary.
- Foster a risk-aware culture and drive adoption of procedures through training and communication.
- Ensure compliance with listing rules and other regulatory requirements.
The Skills and Experience You Need to Succeed
- Native-level Japanese is required.
- Business-level English communication skills are also required.
- 10 years of relevant Finance and Accounting experience in a large multinational organization.
- Knowledge of Finance and Accounting policies and procedures, and legal and regulatory frameworks in the real estate industry.
- Strong local market knowledge.
- Highly developed organization skills with strong numerical and analytical capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, negotiation and communications skills
The Benefits You Will Receive
- Up to 12m annual salary
- Central Tokyo office
- International environment
- Speak English