Your New Career Opportunity
Take the opportunity to lead a team and work on some highly-innovative enterprise applications. Specialized Group is currently looking for a Senior Project Manager. There is a great set of benefits and a rewarding compensation package for this role.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading and managing work initiatives to achieve specific project objectives, ensuring effective integration of new systems and technologies, meeting time, scope and budget requirements, directing all project resources, and helping the business partner(s) realize the desired business goals for the project(s) working within approved methodologies and processes.
The Senior Project Manager is accountable for the delivery of a portfolio of projects or the most complex and challenging IT projects. This role works with multiple development partners to build scalable software and to module development lifecycle processes. The project delivery includes new system and function delivery, compliance alignment, as well as Keeping the Lights on the business activities. The Senior Project Manager typically directly or indirectly manages, mentors, and directs multiple project managers and/or associate project managers.
- Develops, maintains, analyzes, and reports metrics and KPIs to better understand the managed portfolio.
- Works with partner teams in the proposal phase to ensure initiatives are defined at the appropriate level of detail to be accepted by IT for project initiation activities.
- Performs audits of projects within their area of focus to ensure quality and compliance.
- Assures project compliance to approved methodologies.
- Develops budgets, negotiates contracts and manages external vendors.
- Monitors project progress throughout its duration and communicate project status to senior leadership and team members through reports and presentations.
- Managing multiple projects for many business partners requiring large, complex, interdependent systems with significant implications for the business and/or the IT architecture through Project Managers. Analyzing and selecting between the complex options.
- Negotiates terms, scope, and cost and commits to deliverables with vendors, project/program team, and business partners to drive project delivery decision making.
- Works with key stakeholders to address issues and risks.
- Demonstrates high ethics and values. Inspires loyalty, trust, and respect among colleagues.
- Leads and manages group dynamics accurately and synthesizes opinions into usable options and solutions.
- Leads the development of effective networks of internal and external business partners, suppliers, the technical community, and consultants.
- Managing capacity vs. demand for project management resource pool.
- Works independently. Provides recommendations for investment in new products and business solutions.
The Skills and Experience You Need to Succeed
- Japanese Native language ability and business-level English are mandatory.
- PMP certification desired.
- Experience: 10+ years of relevant experience in the technology field, including 5+ years relevant project management experience.
- Agile project methodology experience is a plus.
The Benefits You Will Receive
- Good salary package and benefits.
- Work with a supportive team.
- Central Tokyo location.
- Work in an international environment.
Sorry, this job is no longer available